Food contributed through food drives or individual donations must be nonperishable.
Some of our most distributed items include:
- Canned protein in various forms (such as beans, fish, chicken), preferably with pull tops
- Canned soup and ravioli
- Household items such as toilet paper, paper towels, and cleaners
When deciding what to donate, our Nutrition Services Department recommends that you apply these guidelines:
- Use the MyPlate nutrition guide to select nutritious, nonperishable foods. These items are most useful to our member agencies in meeting the nutritional needs of their clients.
- For the safety of those we serve, we do not accept opened items, items with expired dates, or homemade items.
- Please avoid donating items in glass jars for the safety of our volunteers
For safety reasons we cannot accept:
- opened items
- items with expired dates
- homemade items
- baby food or formula
- perishable food